Privacy Notice — Your Privacy Rights
Last updated July 28, 2023
Thank you for choosing to be part of our community at Paytient Technologies, Inc ("Company", "we", "us", "our"). We have developed this Privacy Notice to inform all users (“user(s),” “you,” or “your”) about how we collect information in the course of conducting our business, including when you visit our website http://www.paytient.com (the "Website"), use our mobile application, as the case may be (the "App") and more generally, use any of our services (the "Services", which include the Website and App). If you have any questions or concerns about this privacy notice, or our practices with regard to your personal information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In this Privacy Notice, we seek to explain what information we collect, how we use it, and what rights you have in relation to it. We hope you take some time to read through it carefully, as it is important. If there are any terms in this Privacy Notice that you do not agree with, please discontinue use of our Services immediately.
This Privacy Notice applies to all information collected through our Services (which, as described above, includes our Website and App), as well as any related services, sales, marketing or events.
Table of contents
- WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
- WILL YOUR INFORMATION BE SHARED WITH ANYONE?
- DO WE USE GOOGLE MAPS?
- IS YOUR INFORMATION TRANSFERRED INTERNATIONALLY?
- HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION?
- HOW DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION SAFE?
- DO WE COLLECT INFORMATION FROM MINORS?
- WHAT ARE YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS?
- CONTROLS FOR DO-NOT-TRACK FEATURES
- DO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS HAVE SPECIFIC PRIVACY RIGHTS?
- DO WE MAKE UPDATES TO THIS NOTICE?
- HOW CAN YOU CONTACT US ABOUT THIS NOTICE?
- HOW CAN YOU REVIEW, UPDATE OR DELETE THE DATA WE COLLECT FROM YOU?
1. What information do we collect?
Information automatically collected
In Short: Some information — such as your Internet Protocol (IP) address and/or browser and device characteristics — is collected automatically when you visit our Services.
We automatically collect certain information when you visit, use or navigate the Services. This information does not reveal your specific identity (like your name or contact information) but may include device and usage information, such as your IP address, browser and device characteristics, operating system, language preferences, referring URLs, device name, country, location, information about how and when you use our Services and other technical information. This information is primarily needed to maintain the security and operation of our Services, and for our internal analytics and reporting purposes.
Like many businesses, we also collect information through cookies and similar technologies.
Information collected through our Website and App
In Short: We collect personal information about you if you open an account with us. We also collect information necessary to maintain the security and operation of our Website and App.
If you register to create an account to use our services via our Website or App, we may collect personal information including your:
- Full name;
- Physical Address;
- Social SecurityNumber;
- Email address;
- Telephone number;
- Company name or Sponsoring Organization (if applicable);
- Financial account information.
- Geo-Location Information: We may request accessor permission to track location-based information from your mobile device, either continuously or while you are using our Website or App, to provide certain location-based services. If you wish to change our access or permissions, you may do so in your device's settings.
- Mobile Device Data: We automatically collect device information (such as your mobile device ID, model and manufacturer), operating system, version information and system configuration information, device and application identification numbers, browser type and version, hardware model internet service provider and/or mobile carrier, and Internet Protocol (IP) address (or proxy server). If you are using our App, we may also collect information about the phone network associated with your mobile device, your mobile device’s operating system or platform, the type of mobile device you use, your mobile device’s unique deviceID and information about the features of our App you accessed.
- Push Notifications: We may request to send you push notifications regarding your account or certain features of the App. If you wish to opt-out from receiving these types of communications, you may turn them off in your device's settings.
This information is primarily needed to maintain the security and operation of our products, including our App and website, for troubleshooting and for our internal analytics and reporting purposes.
Information collected from other sources
In Short: We may collect limited data from public databases, marketing partners, and other outside sources, In order to enhance our ability to provide relevant marketing, offers and services to you and update our records, we may obtain information about you from other sources, such as public databases, joint marketing partners, affiliate programs, data providers, as well as from other third parties. This information includes mailing addresses, job titles, email addresses, phone numbers, intent data (or user behavior data), Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, social media profiles, social media URLs and custom profiles, for purposes of targeted advertising and event promotion.
2. How do we use your information?
In Short: We process your information for purposes based on legitimate business interests, the fulfillment of our contract with you, compliance with our legal obligations, and/or your consent.
We use personal information collected via our Services for a variety of business purposes described below. We process your personal information for these purposes in reliance on our legitimate business interests, to enter or perform a contract with you, with your consent, and/or for compliance with our legal obligations. We may use your information to prevent or investigate fraud, or for risk management purposes, and to help maintain the safety, security, and integrity of our Services, databases and other technology assets, and business. We indicate the specific processing grounds we rely on next to each purpose listed below.
3. Will your information be shared with anyone?
In Short: We only share information with your consent, to comply with laws, to provide you with services, to protect your rights, or to fulfill business obligations.
We may process or share your data that we hold based on the following legal basis:
- Consent: We may process your data if you have given us specific consent to use your personal information for a specific purpose.
- Legitimate Interests: We may process your data when it is reasonably necessary to achieve our legitimate business interests.
- Performance of a Contract: Where we have entered into a contract with you, we may process your personal information to fulfill the terms of our contract.
- Legal Obligations: We may disclose your information where we are legally required to do so in order to comply with applicable law, governmental requests, a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena (including in response to public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements).
- Vital Interests: We may disclose your information where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding potential violations of our policies, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person and illegal activities, or as evidence in litigation in which we are involved.
More specifically, we may need to process your data or share your personal information in the following situations:
- Business Transfers: We may share or transfer your information in connection with, orduring negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, oracquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
- Healthcare Partners, Plans, and Providers: We may share your information with healthcare partners, plans, and providers for administrative purposes or healthcare-related services. Our healthcare partners are obligated to protect the confidentiality of your information, in accordance with your authorization or otherwise in compliance with HIPAA.
- Business Associates: We may share your information with our business associates for administrative purposes and to track account creation and metrics.
- Clients: We may share your information with you for regular business purposes and to track account creation and metrics.
ADDITIONAL BASES FOR SHARING YOUR INFORMATION:
- Service providers that help us administer and provide the Services (for example, a web hosting company whose services we use to host our platform). These third-party service providers have access to your PersonalInformation only for the purpose of performing services on our behalf. We have entered into contractual relationships with these service providers and require them to comply with all applicable information privacy laws and regulations and to use the Information only for the purposes for which it was disclosed. We require that any third-party service providers limit their use of your Information solely to providing services to us and that they maintain the confidentiality, security, and integrity of yourInformation and not make unauthorized use or disclosure of the Information;
- As we believe necessary: (i) under applicable law; (ii) to enforce applicable terms and conditions; (iii) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you, or others; (iv)to detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues;(v) to respond to claims that contact information (e.g. name, e-mail address, etc.) of a third-party has been posted or transmitted without their consent or as a form of harassment and (vi) to respond to requests from courts, law enforcement agencies, regulatory agencies, and other public and government authorities, which may include authorities outside your country of residence; and
- Pursuant to your express consent.
5. Do we use Google Maps?
6. Is your information transferred internationally?
In Short: Our Services are based in the United States. By using the Website, you consent to the collection, transfer, storage, and processing of information in the United States in accordance with this Privacy Notice.
7. How long do we keep your information?
In Short: We keep your information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this privacy notice, unless otherwise required by law. We will only keep your personal information for as long as it is necessary for the purposes set out in this privacy notice, unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law (such as tax, accounting or other legal requirements). No purpose in this notice will require us to keep your personal information for longer than six (6) months past the termination of the user's account. When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymize such information, or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
8. How do we keep your information safe?
In Short: We take reasonable steps online and offline to safeguard the Personal Information that you provide to us, through a system of organizational and technical security measures designed to protect the security of any personal information we process.
However, transmission of information via the Internet is not wholly secure, and we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of your Personal Information, or any other information, transmitted to or through our Site or Services or otherwise provided to us. We are not responsible for the theft, destruction, or inadvertent disclosure of such information. It is your responsibility to safeguard any passwords, identification numbers, or other special access features associated with your use of the Service(s). Any transmission of information is at your own risk.
9. Do we collect information from minors?
In Short: We do not knowingly collect or solicit data from or market to children under eighteen (18) years of age. By using the Services, you represent that you are at least 18 or that you are the parent or guardian of a minor and consent to the minor dependent’s use of the Services. If we learn that personal information from users less than 18 years of age has been collected, we will deactivate the account and take reasonable measures to promptly delete such data from our records. In accordance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”), we never knowingly request or solicit Personal Information from anyone under the age of thirteen (13) without verifiable parental consent. If you become aware of any data we may have collected from anyone under age eighteen (18), please contact us using the information provided below.
10. What are your privacy rights?
In Short: You may review, change, or terminate your account at any time.
Cookies and similar technologies Notice:
Most Web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove cookies and to reject cookies. If you choose to remove cookies or reject cookies, this could affect certain features or services of our Services.
Opting out of interest-based advertising:
To opt out of interest-based advertising by advertisers on our Services visit, http://www.aboutads.info/choices/.
Opting out of email marketing:
You can unsubscribe from our marketing email list at anytime by clicking on the unsubscribe link in the emails that we send, or by contacting us using the details provided below. You will then be removed from the marketing email list. However, we may still communicate with you, for example to send you service-related emails that are necessary for the administration and use of your account, to respond to service requests, or for other non-marketing purposes. To otherwise opt-out, you may note your preferences when you register an account with the site.
Access your account settings and update preferences:
Contact us using the contact information provided below.
11. Controls for do-not-track feature
Most web browsers and some mobile operating systems and mobile applications include a Do-Not-Track ("DNT") feature or setting you can activate to signal your privacy preference not to have data about your online browsing activities monitored and collected. At this stage, no uniform technology standard for recognizing and implementing DNT signals has been finalized. As such, we do not currently respond to DNT browser signals or any other mechanism that automatically communicates your choice not to be tracked online. If a standard for online tracking is adopted that we must follow in the future, we will inform you about that practice in a revised version of this privacy notice.
12. Do California residents have specific privacy rights?
In Short: Yes, if you are a resident of California, you are granted specific rights regarding access to your personal information. California Civil Code Section 1798.83, also known as the "Shine The Light" law, permits our users who are California residents to request and obtain from us, once a year and free of charge, information about categories of personal information (if any) we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes and the names and addresses of all third parties with which we shared personal information in the immediately preceding calendar year. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please submit your request in writing to us using the contact information provided below and a statement that you reside in California. To request removal of such data that can be permissibly removed, please contact us using the contact information provided below, and include the email address associated with your account and a statement that you reside in California. To the extent possible, we will ensure the data is not publicly displayed on the Services, but please be aware that the data may not be completely or comprehensively removed from all our systems (e.g. backups, etc.).
13. Do we make updates to this notice?
14. How can you contact us about this notice?
If you have questions or comments about this notice, you may contact our customer service representatives via telephone at 1 (866) 345-9591, via email at email@example.com, or by post to:
Paytient Technologies, Inc.
ATTN: Zach Stewart
3601 Endeavor Ave Suite 109
Columbia, MO 65201 United States
15. How can you review, update, or delete the date we collect from you?
To request to review, update, or delete your personal information, please submit a request by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond to your request within 30 days. Please note that not all personal information may be deleted from our records, as we are required to maintain certain information pursuant to federal laws. Paytient complies with all state and federal laws regarding the retention of personal information.
WHAT DOES PAYTIENT TECHNOLOGIES, INC. (“PAYTIENT”) DO WITH YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
Financial companies choose how they share your personal information. Federal law gives consumers the right to limit some, but not all, sharing. Federal law also requires us to tell you how we collect, share, and protect your personal information. Please read this notice carefully to understand what we do.
The types of personal information we collect and share depend on the product or service you have with us. This information can include:
- SocialSecurity number and other identity information
- Account balances and payment history
- Bank account, income and employment information
- Information about how you access and use our website and other services
All financial companies need to share customer's personal information to run their everyday business. In the section below, we list the reasons financial companies can share their customer's personal information; the reasons Paytient chooses to share; and whether you can limit this sharing.
Reasons we can share your personal information
Does Paytient share?
Can you limit this sharing?
For our everyday business purposes— such as to process your transactions, maintain your account(s), respond to court orders and legal investigations, or report to credit bureaus
For our marketing purposes— to offer our products and services to you
For joint marketing with other financial companies
We do not share
For our affiliates' everyday business purposes—
information about your transactions and experiences
We do not share
For our affiliates' everyday business purposes—
information about your creditworthiness
We do not share
For nonaffiliates to market to you
We do not share
To limit our sharing
If you are a new customer, we can begin sharing your information 30 days from the date we sent this notice. When you are no longer our customer, we continue to share your information as described in this notice.
However, you can contact us at any time to limit our sharing.
Who we are
Who is providing this notice?
You are receiving this notice from Paytient, also known as Paytient Technologies, Inc.
What we do
How does Paytient protect my personal information?
To protect your personal information from unauthorized access and use, we use security measures that comply with federal law. These measures include computer safeguards and secured ﬁles and buildings.
How does Paytient
collect my personal information?
We collect your personal information, for example, when you
- Open an account or apply for a card
- Give us income information or use your credit card
- Show us your government-issued ID
We also collect your personal information from others, such as your sponsoring organization or employer.
Why can’t I limit all sharing?
Federal law gives you the right to limit only
- sharing for affiliates' everyday business purposes—information about your creditworthiness
- affiliates from using your information to market to you
- sharing for nonaffiliates to market to you
State laws and individual companies may give you additional rights to limit sharing. See below for more on your rights understate laws.
What happens when I limit sharing for an account I hold jointly with someone else?
Your choices will apply to everyone on your account unless you tell us otherwise.
- Paytient does not provide joint accounts.
Companies related by common ownership or control. They can be financial and nonfinancial companies.
Companies not related by common ownership or control. They can be financial and nonfinancial companies.
- Nonaffiliates we can share with include your employer or sponsoring organization, or other consumer service providers such as data processors, service providers, and companies that help us market our own products to you.
A formal agreement between nonaffiliated financial companies that together market financial products or services to you.
- Paytient does not jointly market.
Other important information
For California Residents: We will not share information we collect about you with non-affiliated third parties, except as permitted by California law, such as to process your transactions or to maintain your account.
For Vermont Residents: We will not share information we collect about you with non-affiliated third parties outside of Paytient, except as permitted by Vermont law or as authorized by you, such as to process your transactions or to maintain your account and with your consent.
For Nevada Residents: We provide you this notice under Nevada state law. We do not conduct outbound marketing calls.
If you would like to review and request changes to any of your covered information that is collected through the Internet website or online service, please contact us at email@example.com or by writing to us at:
Paytient Technologies, Inc.
ATTN: Zach Stewart
3601 Endeavor Ave Suite 109
Columbia, MO 65201 United States
Or contact the
Bureau of Consumer Protection
Office of the Nevada Attorney General
555 E. Washington St., Suite 3900
Las Vegas, NV 89101
Phone number: (702) 486-3132
For Alaska, Illinois, Maryland, and North Dakota Customers: We will not share personal information with non-affiliates either for them to market to you or for joint marketing without your authorization.
For Massachusetts, Mississippi, and New Jersey Customers: We do not share personal information from deposits or share relationships with non-affiliates either for them to market to you or for joint marketing without your authorization.